Work In Progress Art Print
One day while doodling my first initial, S, the letter appeared to me as if it was a chute in a game of snakes and ladders. Following up on that insight I added a ladder with myself on it then foliage all around. The scene at first seemed like a never-ending succession of climbing up the ladder only to slide back down, in a Sisyphus kind of way. One could feel discouraged by this, but I figured it was kind of freeing. Who cares which ladder I'm on, life is a work in progress after all.
On second thought, maybe it doesn't have to be that endless cycle. What if the snake and ladder worked in tandem rather than against each other? The ladder provides purpose and structure while the serpent brings creative energy. And just like that, the foliage grows into a rose garden. Now, that feels like real progress!
- Illustrated with watercolor and computer by Sophie Dufresne for Sophiequi
- Printed on Breathing Color Pura Smooth paper (archival quality)
- 300gsm weight, matte finish, no surface glare
- Resistant to humidity, UV and atmospheric ozone
- Museum quality inks with print permanence ratings of up to 200 years
- Note that colors on screen may vary slightly from the finished print
- This design is also available as a notebook