Work In Progress Notebook
One day while doodling my first initial, S, the letter appeared to me as if it was a chute in a game of snakes and ladders. Following up on that insight I added a ladder with myself on it then foliage all around. The scene at first seemed like a never-ending succession of climbing up the ladder only to slide back down, in a Sisyphus kind of way. One could feel discouraged by this, but I figured it was kind of freeing. Who cares which ladder I'm on, life is a work in progress after all.
On second thought, maybe it doesn't have to be that endless cycle. What if the snake and ladder worked in tandem rather than against each other? The ladder provides purpose and structure while the serpent brings creative energy. And just like that, the foliage grows into a rose garden. Now, that feels like real progress!
- Cover designed and illustrated by Sophie Dufresne for Sophiequi
- 48 pages of 70lb (sturdy!) acid free paper with a creamy white smooth finish
- Scuff-resistant ultra-matte laminate cover (that feels like velvet!)
- Printed and hand bound with high durability tacky glue
- Note that colors on screen may vary slightly from the finished product
- This design is also available as an art print