Alchemical Marriage Art Print
Alchemy is the art of transformation and its most important stage is the conjunction, or the marriage of two different substances. It happens for instance when we fall in love with another person. Alchemists understood that beneath this romantic attraction is a subconscious desire for transformation. What we're really after are the parts of our soul and spirit we feel are missing and can recognize in the other person. And it is possible to bring those same parts together within ourselves in what's called the alchemical or sacred marriage.
Alchemists were quite imaginative and pictured this successful marriage of feminine and masculine in a person as a unicorn and stag marrying in the middle of a forest. And why not, because it is a magical event indeed. You become a whole person, able to merge both thinking and feeling with what the Egyptians poetically referred to as the "intelligence of the Heart."
But the story doesn't end there, the goal after that is to congeal this state into the philosopher's stone, at which point the phoenix rises and you feel as solid as a rock!
- Illustrated with pen, paint and computer by Sophie Dufresne for Sophiequi
- Printed on Breathing Color Pura Smooth paper (archival quality)
- 300gsm weight, matte finish, no surface glare
- Resistant to humidity, UV and atmospheric ozone
- Museum quality inks with print permanence ratings of up to 200 years
- Note that colors on screen may vary slightly from the finished print
- This design is also available as a notebook