Desert Dwellers Carry-All Pouch
If you can imagine, the city of Hollywood was once a single adobe hut in the middle of a cactus desert. About a hundred years later, many men and women had moved in and needed a place to go dance and listen to music. This place was the Hollywood Palladium, an Art Deco building named after the Greek goddess of the arts Pallas Athena. Around the same time, astronomers discovered a whole belt of asteroids between Mars and Jupiter and decided to name one Pallas in honor of Athena.
Now you'll say, what the hell does Athena have to do with this desert scene? Well, her two major animal symbols are the snake and owl, which incidentally both live in the California desert and would have occupied Hollywood before stars moved in. So you see, that's why we need goddesses, other than being fabulous they loop the loop in our minds between the cosmos, humans, and nature.
And with this pouch you'll carry a piece of Hollywood with you because this design is actually painted on a utility box right by the Palladium!
- Designed with gouache by Sophie Dufresne for Sophiequi
- Made with 100% polyester canvas and lined with indigo denim
- Brass zipper and vegan leather pull tab (for extra grip)
- Comes in 3 sizes, the largest one big enough to carry a laptop or artist pad
- Note that colors on screen may vary slightly from the finished product
- Accessories shown in photos are for display only and not included
- This design is also available as an art print
- Please allow 7-14 days to manufacture plus shipping time